Encouraging Employees to Use PTO is Actually Good for Business
According to the U.S. Travel Association, more than half of American workers had unused PTO time in 2018. The same study found that unused PTO added up to over 768 million vacation days that year. Some workers are afraid to use PTO. HR may not be aware of the unwritten expectations in various departments. Managers […]Read Article
What is ‘Quiet Quitting’ and What Can HR Do About It?
Spreading like fire on social media, “quiet quitting” has moved beyond TikTok and into everyday work environments. The term should be on every HR professional and manager’s radar. HR staff can minimize quiet quitting by keeping workers motivated and communicating about problems. Look at quiet quitting as an opportunity to improve your company culture and […]Read Article
10 Ways HR Technology Helps Manage Labor Cost More Effectively
In many industries, labor cost is one of the biggest expenses for a business. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, wages and salary costs make up about 70% of employer costs for employee compensation. The remaining 30%of costs go toward benefits. In a period of inflation and rising wages, how can your business manage […]Read Article
Behind the Scenes: Why You Should Run Your Office Like a Film Set
Making a movie is no small feat. Those working behind-the-scenes must be meticulous in their work to make movie magic happen. Whether it’s dealing with high profile, demanding actors, lighting a scene, or balancing a multi-million dollar budget, no box can be left unchecked. Organization and flexibility are key The average film set employees between 500-1,000 people all with different roles and responsibilities. Just to name a few… The […]Read Article
Netchex Multiplex: How would HR handle your favorite movie characters?
Problematic employees are impossible to avoid. Every company experiences them sooner or later—even small businesses. They still slip through the cracks occasionally and get hired. Problem employees can be frustrating and exhausting for HR, managers, and their fellow employees. They can also cause financial issues for a business. Knowing HR strategies on how to handle […]Read Article
Netchex Multiplex: HR Strategies for the Worst Movie Bosses
Bosses make great movie villains. It’s easy to see why. Almost everyone has a job and a boss. Even most bosses have a boss. Bosses get a lot of blame (both justified and not). Bosses are easy to hate. In movies, it’s relatable and sympathetic to root for the protagonist against their boss. Throughout the […]Read Article
Addressing Gender Inclusivity in the Modern Workplace
Political debates about gender, sexual identity, and orientation have made common sense accommodations unnecessarily polarizing in the workplace. Every business should strive to ensure everyone feels welcome and valued as an equal part of the team. Not only is discrimination illegal, it can also drive away some of your most motivated employees. This includes customers […]Read Article
Finding the Balance: How to Create a Hybrid Work Environment
As the business world and worker expectations continue to evolve, many businesses are left with a future of work dilemma: return to the office, remote employees, or a hybrid work environment. Each has their advantages and disadvantages from both an employer and employee perspective. Recent research shows that employees like remote work, but also miss the day-to-day interactions […]Read Article
What is Hybrid Work? And How Can It Benefit Your Company?
The expectations of workers in America have changed. Most companies resisted the idea of remote work until 2020, when the COVID-19 response demanded new levels of flexibility. For many companies, remote work no longer became a perk, it became a necessity. Over the past year and half, two trends have emerged: one expected and the other […]Read Article